- It is free and plays most video files with ease as It has most codecs to play them.
- It has a sleek design that makes it very user-friendly.
- Skinnable interface
- Codecs are included
- Searches for more codecs if necessary
- It connects to the internet at startup which is completely unasked for.
- The next and the previous buttons on the main window do not skip to the next file but instead fast forwards the currently playing file by a few seconds.
- Misses some other minor features found in other programs
avi, divx, asx, asf, wmx, wmv, wvx, wm, mpg, dat, ifo, vob, m1v, m2v, tp, dmb, mp4, m4v, k3g, 3gp, skm, dmskm, lmp4, m, mvb, mkv, ogm, gom. In-built codecs: AC3, OGG, XVID, DIV1, DIV2, DIV3, DIV4, DIV5, DIV6, DIVX, DX50, MP41, MP42, MP43, H263, AP41, MPG4, MP4S, M4S2, MP4V, BLZ0, MJPG, RMP4, DXGM, H264,ffmpeg Security patches. Improving downloading OGG file-playing function. Improving damaged FLV file-playing function. Improving local MKV file-playing function. Fixed some bugs and a minor improvement.
Play Broken AVI Files (Patented):
AVI files can't be played if the index is broken, or if the file isn't completely downloaded. This is because the index is located at the end of the file. GOM Player's patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded.
Powerful Subtitle Support:
GOM Player supports:
- SUB(with IDX)
- Unicode Text Subtitles
- SubRipText (srt)
- SubStation Alpha (ssa),
- Advanced SubStation Alpha (ass)
- VOBsub (sub/idx)
- Embedded subtitles of ASF, MKV, OGM
You can specify margin, location, size, resolution, font and others. You can also enable shadow, view ASF files with subtitle, karaoke subtitle mode. You can even synchronize subtitle and video if there's any mismatch.
If you run a video file and there is already a file with a similar name in the directory, it will be automatically added to your playlist. GOM Player has a similar playlist format as M3U, PLS, ASX and you can also include and edit different media formats on that playlist as well. It's easy to create and edit your own multimedia playlist with GOM Player.
Screen capture allows you to take a screenshot of your video directly from GOM Player. Using the Burst Capture feature, you can take continuous screenshots up to 999 shots.
There are an endless number of advanced features. Customize brightness, contrast and saturation. Sharpen and add noise to your video. Try the audio equalizer. Repeat a section of your video with our A-B Repeat feature. Fast forward/rewind a few seconds using left/right keys. And much more for you to discover!